Today's reading was in Numbers. The Israelites are in the desert and God, in his loving, careful way, has provided all they need, including food that falls from Heaven, Manna. The Manna is nourishing bread that sustains them. fills them and provides for them. And yet, as so often I am prone to do, they complain that they want more, that they want meat!
Today, I realize that God showers me daily with manna from Heaven. With love in the form of gentle kisses from my husband,. With joy in the beaming, sly smile of my daughter after she has given me a kiss. With affirmation and kindness from my 6 year old son who in a random moment hugs me and tells me he loves me. With sustenance from his word and his love that reaches out to my self focused heart and beacons me near. With food, a home, a job for Andrew, and all we could ever need and more. And yet, I am humbled because so often I complain that I want more, I want meat. I want my children to behave perfectly. I want more time for myself. I want more than what I am given. I want more joy, more hope, more, more, more....
And it is on a day with this truth ringing in my head, that I say thank you my Father. Thank you for the good gifts that you shower on me every day! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the manna that meets my needs and please change my heart so that I would be constantly aware and thankful of all that you provide. Thank you for showing me in every moment, through Andrew, the kids, my family and friends, that you provide all that I need. Thank you for the little moments that come as in these pictures that remind me that you are right here in smiles, laughter and love, and that this is what I need! I love you. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment