Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Not Lovin Tummy Time!

"NO WAY!  YOU ARE NOT PUTTING ME ON MY TUMMY AGAIN!!!"

"Is anyone going to flip me over??"

Miss K is not so fond of her tummy.  She hates tummy time and if it were up to her, she would go straight to walking and skip crawling all together.  Tummy time is an art with Kayla...we have to make sure she is in the right frame of mind, is fed, is not too tired and has plenty of distraction - if any of these things aren’t aligned, then she screams from moment one on the floor.  I figured out that in order for her to get the most of tummy time, I need to be on the floor with her...playing games like peek a boo, giving her toys and making sure she is entertained.  Is her finickiness from being a girl or from being the third child or is it just personality?  Maybe a little of all three.  


As the third child, she always has someone who will flip her over so she has given up rolling over all together.  I have banned the boys from turning her over - so instead, she is left to scream with her face in the carpet for minutes on end (which seem like hours to her) while I hope that she will turn over on her own!


Thankfully, she is my third and I know she will do it all on her own eventually - so I am not worried.  I am a little afraid of her strong will though, and I am hoping that my sweet baby won’t be a tough teenager!!  For now though, I am loving every minute of her stubbornness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

shabby chic background

The Eakin 7!

A man + a woman + two boys + a girl + a dog + a cat = The Eakin 7 - That's us.  In a crazy world, we are a family focused on God, each other, family, friends and community.  

We strive to love each other in the best way we can, every day, and to love God even more.  We hope you will find a place here to connect into our lives and where you can find a piece of our love for each other!  Thanks for hanging out with us!

Followers