Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WWF Eakin Style

Daddy and KK just watching and laughing as the boys go at it!

Tyler has the upper hand here but not for long!

Wyatt is hoping that by crying, he will win some sympathy!

It may have worked, cause he got Tyler "DOWN" as he would say!



Coming from a home with a sister, I never understood the craziness of boys.  I don't know why it didn't sink in since I have a husband who played football in college - and if that wasn't physical, I don't know what is!  So, now that my boys are 5 and 3, I am amazed at the level of testosterone that is emerging - they are like little time bombs, just waiting to explode.  One minute, the two of them can be patiently coloring and playing horses together and the next minute, they are chasing each other, rolling on the ground, one pounding the other while the other either laughs or cries.   

And the funniest part of it all (well it is funny when no one gets hurt) is that I have no idea what to do.  Most of the time, I just sit on the side lines and make silent bets about who is going to cry first.  And when Andrew is here, all we do is watch, laugh and call the action like announcers on the sidelines of a hockey match.  So, a few weeks ago, I got some live footage of what I am going to call WWF Eakin style.  I can't remember who cried first and I have no idea what triggered this episode - all I know is that they needed to get their aggression out and who better to do so on than on your brother! 

I pray every day that this is healthy and good for their boyhood!!  Andrew reassures me that it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

shabby chic background

The Eakin 7!

A man + a woman + two boys + a girl + a dog + a cat = The Eakin 7 - That's us.  In a crazy world, we are a family focused on God, each other, family, friends and community.  

We strive to love each other in the best way we can, every day, and to love God even more.  We hope you will find a place here to connect into our lives and where you can find a piece of our love for each other!  Thanks for hanging out with us!

Followers