There is something empowering about a boy on a bike.
His face brightens as his speed quickens,
His heart pumps loudly as he discovers the new found freedom,
His face widens into a smile as he realizes that nothing can stop him,
Nothing can slow him down when he is on his bike,
He can go anywhere that the wheels carry him,
All he needs are strong legs and a willing spirit.
For Tyler, his bike means freedom, speed, and excitement.
He loves the power, he loves the strength, he loves the speed!
And so begins his love for his bike,
and the beginning of his yearning for more freedom,
for more than these walls hold.
As a boy he is just discovering the excitement of newly explored territory,
of the wild that is calling his name!
As a mom who grew up with a sister, I don't quite understand a boy/man's need for adventure, but I am learning. I know that my sons need to roam. I get that wrestling with me is a way for them to feel loved by me. I see their energy and I know that while they enjoy coloring at a table, that just isn't going to do it for their souls.
And so, I commit myself to be a student of the "boy's wild side," and to allow my boys more freedom to explore this wildness that grows within them. For I know that as they grow older, they will be expected to sit quietly and behave, and that now is their only time to "GO WILD!"
No comments:
Post a Comment