Friday, November 6, 2009

Is anyone listening to me?



Is this how God feels?
Frustrated, like he keeps talking and no one is listening?
Like his words and his authority mean nothing?
That what we want, what we think is more important than what he wants?
That we take two steps forward and 10 steps back?

This morning I am frustrated and I feel the anger rising.
How many times do I need to ask them to get dressed?
How many times will I be ignored?
How many times will they wrestle, and cry and wrestle again
before someone finally realizes that I am serious, that I will get in my car
at 8:30 and leave for school whether they are ready or not.
How many times will they hurt each other before their own hearts hurt?

My instinct is to nag, to yell, to force them to do what I want,
But that's not God's way.
No matter how often I turn my back and do what I want whether than what he wants,
He remains faithful and calm.
He never leaves, he never stops pursuing me, he never stops nudging me with his love,
And he is always patient with me no matter how long I take to get it.

So this morning, as in every morning, I beg for patience and understanding.
For peace in the chaos, a peace that is based on the truth that love must rule,
Even when it is the hardest thing for me to do.
So, I relinquish control, I lay it down, and I remember that I have to be patient
For they are like me and learning to obey takes time.

Praise God - his way works...

Wyatt is dressed, ready to go and the room is clean.  All I had to do was let go of control, stop nagging and let the consequence of me leaving encourage him to get ready.  If only I could have this perspective every day...I would have so much more peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

shabby chic background

The Eakin 7!

A man + a woman + two boys + a girl + a dog + a cat = The Eakin 7 - That's us.  In a crazy world, we are a family focused on God, each other, family, friends and community.  

We strive to love each other in the best way we can, every day, and to love God even more.  We hope you will find a place here to connect into our lives and where you can find a piece of our love for each other!  Thanks for hanging out with us!

Followers